Terms & Conditions
Size and weight restrictions apply. We will do our best to accommodate all interested parties including children. Consent of a parent or legal guardian is required for all passengers under 18 years of age.
It is the responsibility of all passengers to declare to Tiger Moth Adventure Flights prior to a flight with us any physical and/or mental condition that may affect the safe completion of the flight for all participants, or that may compromise the safety of the public at large. All participants expressing any such impairment shall be assessed by our staff and only cleared to fly if deemed by us to be safe to do so. Passengers deemed to be under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs; or those exhibiting unruly, antisocial, or dangerous behaviour will not be allowed to fly.
It is our goal to provide everyone with a safe, comfortable, and unforgettable flight. Our Tiger Moth is maintained to the highest standards and is in excellent mechanical and structural condition. We also consistently monitor weather conditions and forecasts. We will not fly if there are any unaddressed issues with the plane which might affect its airworthiness that arise in our regular inspections, or if the weather is deemed poor enough to constitute a risk to the safe and enjoyable completion of a mission. Unforeseen events, however, may occur; these can include but are not limited to turbulence, a sudden change in weather, or mechanical issues.
Refunds of deposits or payments made to travel agencies or booking agents are at the discretion of the agency in question; Tiger Moth Adventure Flights takes no responsibility for payments made to external agencies. From time to time, our staff may find it necessary to cancel a flight or flights due to weather conditions or aircraft maintenance requirements. We will make every attempt to reschedule any such cancelled flights to a date and time agreeable to all parties involved. If in some individual cases this is not possible, Tiger Moth Adventure Flights will not charge the affected parties. Any applicable refunds of cash deposits due to cancellations as mentioned above will be made within one week of the date of cancellation.
Safety of all participants and of the general public at large is of the utmost concern to us at Tiger Moth Adventure Flights. Our DH82A Tiger Moth is maintained to a professional standard and is regularly serviced as required and in accordance with its maintenance program. Warbirds in Australia, including our Tiger Moth, are administered by the Australian Warbird Association on behalf of the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA).
Military aircraft are built and tested to different standards than that put forward by CASA or any equivalent international civil aviation governing body. As such, in accordance with Civil Aviation Safety Regulation Parts 132.140, 150 and 132.155;
- The design, manufacture and airworthiness of the aircraft are not required to meet any standard recognized by CASA; and
- CASA does not require the aircraft to be operated to the same degree of safety as an aircraft used for regular public transport or charter operations; and
- The passenger agrees to participate in this flight at his or her own risk; and
- If it is reasonable to believe that a passenger cannot understand the safety briefing; said passenger must be accompanied on the flight by a parent, guardian, or carer; and
- A more detailed briefing will be provided to the passenger before they board the aircraft
- If the person making the booking for this flight is not the passenger, note that the operator of the flight is required to provide the passenger with a detailed briefing – to include the information contained herein – prior to the passenger boarding the aircraft.
Please contact us if you have questions, or for further information.